Friday, June 27, 2008

Random Recommendations

It's always easy to get inspired after going to a conference. I'm full of big ideas I'd like to implement next school year, but I know that once classes begin, I'll get bogged down in day-to-day operations. So for my last post, I want to point out three easy resources I know I definitely will come back to throughout the year.

As a tech team member, I plan to access i-SAFE, a site that offers free training and tips for making the Internet safer for students worldwide, over and over again as we deal with students using their online resources inappropriately, especially as the laptop program expands.
As an English teacher, I often use Web sites in the classroom, but it becomes cumbersome to recite long URL addresses for students to pull up on their own computers, so I plan to use TinyURL to create shorter and more easily copied addresses.
As a media teacher, I plan to experiment with the trick of simply changing the extension of a file to make it compatible with a program that doesn't want to recognize it; for example, sometimes you can just change the .mov from a QuickTime file to .wmv so it will open in Windows MovieMaker.

1 comment:

Michal said...

Hi, many interesting information about file formats and file extensions are at http://www.file-extensions.org.